Habitot is a nonprofit, 501(c)3 organization that relies on community support
Habitot Children's Museum
2065 Kittredge Street
Berkeley, CA 94704
(510) 647-1111 www.habitot.org
• Empty egg carton
• White glue
• "Googly" eyes from craft stores
• Poster or tempera paints
• Pipe cleaners
1. Cut carton in half length wise so you have two pieces of six humps each,
turned upside down.
2. Use paints to paint caterpillar stripes or solid colors. You can use
Internet searches to find pictures of common caterpillars.
3. Sprinkle glitter as desired and glue googly eyes on one end
(caterpillars have six eyes!)
4. To create the legs, cut pipe cleaners in half and push them through the
carton along each side.