Ways to Give
Habitot is a non-profit, 501(c)3 organization that relies on tax-deductible donations to cover 40% of our operation. Admissions, memberships and other earned revenue covers 60%
of operational costs. Habitot needs you and every dollar donated makes a difference!
Donations fund new exhibits, museum facilty upgrades and refurbishing, scholarship programs, and efforts toward future expansion and growth.
Every Gift is Important to Us
The contributions of individuals, community organizations, and businesses are essential to keeping Habitot's doors open. Because of donations, Habitot remains an affordable, accessible and inclusive center for families of young children — a gift of play, learning, parent support and community connection.
We promise to...
- Dedicate 100% of your gift to exhibits and programs that benefit children and families. Our fundraising and marketing expenses are covered by earned revenue or Board member donations.
- Send you a letter with our deepest thanks and a tax receipt. Donations to Habitot Children's Museum are tax deductible under section 501(c)(3) of the Federal Tax Code. (Prospective donors may also request copies of the agency's federal and state tax exemption letters.
- Send you a copy of our 2013 Annual Report
We will not:
- Send you goods or services that would reduce the tax-deductibility of your gift.
- Sell or trade your name to anyone, ever.
Other ways you can help Habitot
- Designate Habitot as your charity on AmazonSmile (for Prime Amazon Accounts). By always entering the AmazonSmile website for your Amazon purchases, AmazonSmile will donate 5% of the proceeds from your purchases at no cost to you. Get Started Here
- Sign up for Lucky Shares, powered by eScrip. 3% of your purchase amount at any of the Lucky-affiliated stores (Lucky Supermarkets, FoodMaxx, Savemart Supermarket) will be donated to Habitot at no cost to you. Choose Habitot in your profile when you sign up at eScrip.com
- Donate appreciated stocks, avoiding capital gains taxes and receiving a tax deduction. Contact the executive director at email@example.com for investment account and routing information.
- Consider inviting friends and hosting an in-home social to help raise funds for Habitot (we will make a wonderful presentation).
- Donate a Vehicle to our "cars for kids" campaign
- Donate your low-value BART tickets to our "tiny tickets" program - BART redeems these and makes a donation to Habitot
- Donate infant and preschool toys in good condition to our Toy Lending Library (no toy weapons, electronic toys, dolls/stuffed animals, or game boards)
- Donate parenting books or other child-raising references in good condition to our Family Resource Center
- Donate an item from our "Wish
- Ask your employer to include Habitot in your workplace charitable campaign.
- Invite us to speak at your workplace, service club or social group so that everyone can hear how Habitot benefits families and young children
- And don't forget Matching Gifts! Check if your employer matches your charitable contributions and multiply your gift to Habitot!
- Help Habitot by Making
a Gift (PDF)
To become a member, click here.
For more information, please call the Executive Director at 510-647-1111 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
back to top